It's Thursday, and that means it's Challenge time again over at www.createwithconnieandmary.com.
This week is a sketch challenge, and this is the sketch we had to work with:
Our new Catalogue is LIVE tomorrow (ordering begins at 12 noon!). To keep you going until then I have one last sneak peek for you today!
- I've used the new Rooted in Nature stamp set on this card. It is full of beautiful images taken from nature. I coloured my tree using the 'thumping' technique. I first inked up the whole image in Crumb Cake ink, and then I lightly tapped the brush tip end of my markers over the top (a bit like you are playing a drum!). I used autumnal colours - Cajun Craze, Soft Suede and Grapefruit Grove. I then coloured the trunk and branches in Early Espresso before stamping onto Whisper White cardstock and cutting out.
- Both panels are new Designer Series Paper - called Nature's Poem. The subtle patterns work really well with the images in the stamp set. I've added extra depth with some sponging.
- The sentiment is from another new stamp set, called Varied Vases.
- The embossing folder is called Pinewood Planks and is carrying over into our new catalogue. I've sponged the edges of my Sahara Sand cardstock too.
- Another old favourite, Linen Thread is an old favourite and will be in our new catalogue
Email me to place your order, or click HERE to Shop Now