As promised, I'm back to show you the swap card I made for Convention. I made 100 of these, and got 100 inspiring cards back!
To make this card, first I stamped the Paisley background in Versamark ink on Lovely Lilac cardstock. I find Versamark works best when using bold background stamps on coloured cardstock...it gives the most even image. My wrists started to hurt stamping such a large stamp 100 times, so by the end I was sitting on them instead! It worked a treat!!
The focal image has been stamped on Glossy cardstock. The stamps are from one of my all-time favourite sets, Bodacious Bouquet. I inked up the flower in Almost Amethyst ink, and then inked a sponge dauber in Lovely lilac ink, and sponged straight onto the stamp, before stamping it on the Glossy cardstock. This technique can also be done on Whisper white cardstock, but I really like how vibrant the colours look on the gloss. Next I stamped the leaves and stem in Certainly Celery ink. I made the centre of the flower by stamping the flower again in Elegant eggplant ink onto Glossy cardstock, and then punching out the centre with a 1/4" circle punch, and adhering with a mini glue dot. The whole Flower panel has been popped up on Dimensionals.
The "friendship" panel has been made by stamping linen background in Almost Amethyst ink on Almost Amethyst cardstock. I then stamped "friendship" from 'Wonderful Words' in Versamark ink, and heat embossed with White powder. It gives it a nice raised glossy finish, which complements the gloss cardstock well.
I attached the Celery ribbon by adhering a strip to the back of the Eggplant panel, and then tying the knot separately on top. This gives the flexibility to move the knot along the strip of ribbon, to sit where you would like it. To finish it off, I did some faux stitching with my white gel pen and Paper piercing mat pack.
I hope all my swap-ees liked it!