I made this card to celebrate our 12th Wedding Anniversary. We don't really do Anniversary presents, but we do make a special effort to write some nice words to each other in a card and spend some "just us" time. It was an extra special effort this year, since our anniversary was smack-bang in the middle of a very busy school holidays!
We went to a lovely Vietnamese restaurant...it even felt like a real date, because we've hardly seen each other or even been in the same state for the past month, so there was lots to catch up on!
I stuck with a monochromatic theme for this card. Soft Sky is such a pretty colour, that it really needs no accompaniment. The background stamping is the gorgeous Baroque Motifs swirl stamped in Soft Sky. The main floral motif is from the same set, as is the word 'cherish'. I used the Spring Silhouettes DS paper for the patterned panel, and added a few special details...it's all about the details when your card is otherwise quite plain.
Here's what I did to give this card lots of added texture and interest:
- I've added a strip of the lovely vanilla taffeta ribbon
- There's a row of dry-embossed dots (done using the Crop-o-dile)
- I've stamped the Floral motif 3 times, and layered it with Dimensionals
- I added a half-pearl from the Pretties Kit to the centre
- Above the patterned paper panel, there's an extra layer of Soft Sky, and I've stamped a row of the smallest Baroque Motif flower so that just half a flower shows along the top
- Finally I've highlighted the word 'cherish' with my white gel pen so it stands out a little more.