It's Thursday, and that means it's Challenge time again over at www.createwithconnieandmary.com.
It's a colour challenge this week, using 2 Retiring colours (Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe) and an old favourite (Old Olive):
Sometimes when I make a card, I'm happy with the result, and other times not so much. Can you guess which camp this card is in? It's in the 'almost there' camp. I think there's just a bit too much going on. I might re-make it in the future, and make the background more subtle.
Anyway, here are a few tips about this card:
- The Flourishing Phrases bundle is the star feature of this card. The stamp set and framelits are available as a bundle until May 31, but after that, they will only be available separately.
- I've used Shimmery White cardstock for my card base. I love the subtle shimmery elegance it lends to any project
- The lighter swirls in the background were stamped off, and then lightly watercoloured with a Blender pen and some White Craft ink.
- I've layered extra petals behind my flower, to give it a bit more oomph, and I've also cut out an extra flower centre in Tip Top Taupe.
- The ink spots are from the Timeless Textures stamp set
- There's a few Rhinestones scattered over this card...who doesn't love a touch of bling?
- How pretty is the Mint Macaron sheer linen ribbon? It's retiring, so grab it while you can!
Email me to place your order, or click HERE to Shop Now