In the end I did what I am always telling my customers to do...go to the catalogue and use it for inspiration. In this case, I used our new mini (page 4) for the layout, and that gave me the kick I needed.
I've used flowers and leaves from an old fave Bodacious Bouquet. I rock 'n' rolled the big flower, but blended the ink on the stamp with my aqua-painter before stamping it on Whisper White cardstock and cutting it out. The rest of the card is pretty simple...more cutting out, a Rhinestone brad, rub-ons, paper piercing, Wild Wasabi ribbon and Polka Dots (stamped in Versamark ink).
Now I'm going to take some of those poor rejected stamp images and make some cards with them (and I might even tidy my desk!)