When I joined Stampin' Up (waaay back in May last year), I ummm-ed and ahh-ed, and did all the should-I-shouldn't-I's that I think everyone does when they make this decision. What silly me didn't realise was that I was asking myself the wrong question! Of course I should join...that's an easy decision to make. What did I have to lose? I buy the starter kit, and get all these great products that I really want for nearly half price...it's a no-brainer. The bigger decision (and one that I never even thought to ask myself) was who should I sign up under? Lucky me fell on my feet, and I happen to have the most awesome Upline (Hi Ange!), but I shudder to think what would have happened if I'd signed up Direct to Company (which you could do back then), or under someone else.
So, if you're thinking of signing up, do your research! Some things you may like to think about are:
- How important is locality to you? If you aren't on the computer a lot, and learn better face-to-face, you'll want to find an Upline who lives nearby.
- Personality match! If possible, meet your potential Upline in person and see if you click.
- Stamping Finesse. If you want an Upline that you can learn Stamping skills from, find someone whose style you admire.
- Business Wise. If you do want to make money from this, find an Upline who has success in her own business, so you have footsteps to follow in.
- Group Support. If you want to make new stamping friends, look for an Upline with strong team support, such as team meetings or a forum.
I get a lot of emails from other Demonstrators, bemoaning their own lack of Upline Support, so learn from their mistakes, and make sure you find a Perfect Fit!
Oh, and by the way, I have the best promotion ever for signing up this month ;-)
Email me to find out what it is!
This is only available from me, and your paperwork must reach SU! offices (with your ABN) by November 30. Send me an email if you'd like an Obligation-free Information Pack.
All I've done here is ink up my background stamp (from Looks Like Spring), stamped off once onto scrap paper, and then rock'n'rolled in the same colour ink to get a darker border around the edges. Then I masked off the bottom of the card with a Sticky note, and stamped Both Way Blossoms (Level 2 Hostess set) in Basic Black. I coloured with Markers, and stamped a greeting on the bottom. Done! Next time I'll show you the matching Card wallet I designed to put this set in. It makes a lovely gift.
The colours I've used are Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal, and Barely Banana.